Halloween is a spook-tacular time of ghosts and goblins, tricks and treats! While there is a lot of fun to be had, you do need to take some precautions to ensure your little furball stays out of harm's way. Read on for some tips that will keep your pet safe on Oct. 31!1. Make sure candy is out of paw's reach. Most candies will cause an upset stomach,...Read more
Our pets are part of our families and the love and bond that we share includes caring for them when they are ill or suffer from a disease state. With the increased cost of veterinary care and treatments, more Canadians are researching and buying pet insurance.The popularity of pet insurance in both the U.S. and Canada has allowed competitive rates while...Read more
My cat started having coughing spells. I thought she was trying to cough up a hairball. My veterinarian has diagnosed feline asthma and bronchitis. I didn't know cats could have such a thing.Feline asthma affects a fair number of cats and is often associated with bronchitis. ?Asthma" is technically an acute or chronic inflammation of the airway...Read more
What is acute renal failure?Acute renal failure (ARF) or acute kidney failure refers to the sudden failure of the kidneys to perform normal filtration duties. This is not the same as the much more common form of kidney failure, chronic renal failure (CRF). ARF leads to accumulation of toxins and other metabolic wastes in the bloodstream, dehydration,...Read more
What is socialization? The Merriam Webster Human Medical Dictionary states:?the process by which a human being beginning at infancy acquires the habits, beliefs, and accumulated knowledge of society through education and training for adult status"Animal SocializationThis definition is a great way of looking at animal socialization; the process of...Read more
- Aspergillosis in Cats
- Flying With Your Cat
- Pet Dental Care
- Brushing Your Dogs Teeth - All You Need to Know!
- Anesthesia For Cats
- Anal Sac Disease in Cats
- Dog- Cushing's Syndrome
- Heart Disease - Cardiomyopathy in Cats
- Allergy - General in Cats
- Cat Scratch Disease
- Hyperthyroidism in Cats: Warning Signs, Management & Treatment
- A Stress-Free Way For Trimming Your Dog's Nails
- How Do I Trim My Cat's Claws?
- Should I Declaw My Cat?
- Scratching Post VS Scratching Sofa?
- Brushing Your Cat's Teeth -All You Need To Know!
- All About Pet Chinchilla - Dust Baths
- What Makes Them Tick?
- Bird Sicknesses and Tweetment!
- How to Trim Bird's Nails?
- Bad Hare Day?
- 10 Reasons to Microchip Your Dog
- Boot the Scoot : Anal Glands!
- Say Cheese! The Ins and Outs of Rabbit Teeth!
- Introducing Your New Cat to Other Pets
- Why Is My Cat Getting So Thin?
- The 10% Rule for Cats! More isn't better!
- Top 10 Ways to Keep Your Hamster Healthy
- How To Ensure The Healing of an Abscess or a Wound in Your Cat?
- In Hot Weather: Tips to Encourage Your Cat to Drink
- Beware of Lyme Disease
- Daily exercise - A Must for the Physical and Mental Health of Your Dog
- Vaccination and your dog
- Swallowed Foreign Bodies
- Travelling With Your Pet
- Pets and Poisons
- Holiday Hazards
- Pets and Marijuana